Government Procurement

Federal, state, and local government make up a large consumer base of goods and services sold in West Virginia. If you are looking to expand your business by selling to government agencies as a government contractor, this section offers valuable resources to get started.  

Federal Government

Obtaining federal contracts requires initial research of the registration and bidding process while meeting federal government compliance standards. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) - Federal Contracting section offers a one-stop-shop for all your federal contract information needs. The SBA offers valuable resources to obtain federal contracts including a contracting guide, contracting assistance programs, and counseling assistance.
The Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) and  Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (APTAC) are administered by the U.S. Department of Defense, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). These programs provide important information, professional networking, comprehensive training opportunities and a voice in national government contracting assistance and policy areas.

State Government

Vendors seeking to sell their goods and/or services to state agencies must register with the West Virginia Purchasing Division. Registration allows vendors the opportunity to identify those products and services they have to offer to the State, and for state agencies to find your company. We strongly encourage registering through the state's wvOASIS Vendor Self-Service (VSS) portal. Registration through VSS gives vendors access to the West Virginia Purchasing Bulletin online to search active bid solicitations with the state. 
In accordance with the Code of State Rules 148 CSR 6.1.7, vendors must be licensed and in good standing with any and all state and local law and requirements, including the State Tax Department, WorkForce West VirginiaWorkers' Compensation, and proper registration with the Secretary of State, if applicable. 

Local Government

If your business intends to provide products and/or services to local government agencies in the state, you will need to contact the local government office in the county and/or city from which you intend to solicit business. Visit the links below to find the county or city contact information to get started.
WV State Seal