Managing Employees

At some point during the life of your company, you may need to hire and manage employees. Several agencies provide information and services required to comply with federal and state regulations. Visit the agency websites below for more information or assistance with finding and managing your employee base. 

WorkForce West Virginia 

WorkForce West Virginia LogoWorkForce West Virginia is the state’s one-stop resource center for workforce development. Our state and local offices are designed to serve not only those looking for work, but also help our business and industry partners find and hire skilled employees ready for the job. Here, you can:


West Virginia New Hire Reporting

WV New Hire Reporting Center LogoFederal and state law requires employers to report newly hired and re-hired employees in West Virginia to the West Virginia New Hire Reporting Center. Visit their site to learn more information about reporting new hires including reporting online and other reporting options. 

Division of Labor

West Virginia Division of Labor LogoConstruction Business Increasing the Number of Employees Wage Bond Requirements

With the exception of those companies that qualify for an exemption, every employer engaged in commercial construction or the severance, production or transportation of minerals (excluding railroads and water transporters) in West Virginia must furnish a wage bond to the Division of Labor to protect the wages and benefits of its employees. For more information, visit the Wage Bonding page. Email or call (304) 558-7890. 

Required Workplace Posters

Federal and state law requires employers to post employment workplace posters at each employer location. Use the links below to download the required free posters.

Workers' CompensationWest Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner (Workers' Compensation) Logo

All West Virginia employers are statutorily required to maintain workers’ compensation insurance coverage. Employers must register with the West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner Employer Coverage Unit to file workers' compensation on their employees. Visit their website for more information and to register.

WV State Seal